Friday, January 6, 2017

Doctor's Office Visit

Just got back from the doctor's today and I'm happy to say that I am the proud owner of a healthy A1C of 6.9. The diabetic is now doing fine and resting comfortably.
At first, I was kinda upset. My blood sugar is supposed to be at 6.5 to be considered "healthy". Normal people have lower blood sugar. If 7 is a little high, isn't 6.9 skimming the surface? Am I getting a B+ for blood sugar when I should be getting an A?
But forget all that. I was diagnosed 7 months ago. I had an A1C of 14. I'm still learning how my diabetic little body ticks.
Anyways, it's Friday so that means a new Dexcom sensor which means a new pep talk. I've been getting progressively less stressed putting it in. This time, I said "Let's do this!" before I put the sensor in. I think it really helped.
Happy 2017!
Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment