Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Endo Office Frustration

I've been going in for a lot of tests this week.
LOTS of tests.
My boyfriend even took me to the lab to do a urine test. (He's such a good sport.)

And then I got the results.
They called me and said "Your numbers for your microalbumin are high but they're not as high as they once were. We want you to do a 24-hour urine test. We're going to mail the lab slip."
I'm going back to college in a few days so I don't have much time for peeing in buckets.
And how high is high?

The range my microalbumin should be is 5 to 100. When I was diagnosed, it was 2000. It's currently at 973. That high of a number could mean that I could get kidney disease.

So I call them and say, "Can I just come in and pick up the bucket?" "Oh, yeah! Sure."

We get there and I just want to go in, pick up the pee bucket, and get out. I sign the forms, get approved, and go into the lab. The nurse ushers me into a seat and brings out one of those tiny urine cups. "Oh no, I need the bucket. I just did the random urine test yesterday," I tell her. "The form says a urine sample. You'll probably need to go up to the endo office and get that fixed," she responds. How frustrating! And then the nurse says, "Do you want to do the blood sample before you go up?" BLOOD SAMPLE? I already did my blood sample!!! No no no no! The whole form is wrong. Thankfully my mother was there to calm me down and explain things to the nurse.

So we go up to the endo office. "The lab got it wrong. That form is right," the endo secretary tries to insist. Thankfully one of the nurses was around. She takes the form back and gets it fixed.
All I needed was a stupid pee bucket that I don't even want. I don't even want to do this.
The nurse comes back with a new form. "There are some new nurses here that must have messed it up." Sure. Cover your own butt.
The blood sample was still on the form. "No no, I don't need this." The nurse crosses it off.
I take the form back down to the front office.

Now, you'd expect the story to end here but it doesn't!!
I ask the front office, "Do I need to go through registration again or can I go right into the lab?"
One lady looks at the paper and says that the nurse didn't initial where she crossed off the blood sample and that I was going to have to bring it back up FOUR STORIES to get this NURSE TO INITIAL WHERE SHE CROSSED OFF!!! TO GET A BUCKET! FOR PEE! I could get my own bucket to fill with pee and it would be FASTER THAN THIS!
Then the woman I usually see at the front office comes over and says that the paperwork is fine. Just go into the lab.
And the nurse at the lab tells me, "I'll take care of the labs that you didn't do. I'll take it off of the insurance." And they give me my pee bucket.

I don't know what I hate more, the diabetes or the endo office.

No comments:

Post a Comment