Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas

Christmas was surprisingly uneventful diabetes-wise. I got a lovely bag for my insulin supplies which I promptly ditched when I found a slightly bigger bag. Sorry mom.
I got a whole lot of tea and even more teapots. What am I going to do with all of these teapots? I don't even have a stove at college.
The most exciting gift was a dumpling making kit. I haven't had any Chinese food since I was diagnosed. That's really disappointing because dumplings are on the top ten list for Things That I Love That Will Probably Kill Me One Day (Cats are on that list as well). Now I have recipes I can make so I can enjoy Chinese food without wondering "How much sugar is in this really?".
And of course, I got socks for Christmas. Why do you care? Because I am a sock connoisseur and I collect only the coolest, most fabulous socks and then wear them until there are holes in the toes. The sock haul was incredible this year since everyone in my family has realized what a sock nerd I am. Plus I can use my "I have diabetes so my feeties need to stay warm" excuse to get even more socks.
Hey, if you can't use your powers for evil some times, what good are they?
See you in the New Year!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment