Friday, January 27, 2017

Bare Truth

Diabetics are not healthy.
Our bodies do not work in the way they were intended to work.
I get frustrated because I'm so broken sometimes. I should have this blood sugar right now but I don't. Is it my fault? Am I a bad diabetic? My friend who is diabetic has better blood sugar than me. Does that mean she is a better diabetic? Can I judge that?
My numbers will not look like a "normal" person's numbers.
That's not my fault; it's a fact of diabetes.
Am I doing everything I can to be healthy?
I try to.

I want to please people. I want to please my doctors. I want to please the people who care about me.
I want them to be happy and proud of me.

Sometimes the numbers are good and it's not because of anything I did or didn't do.
Sometimes the numbers are bad and it's because I did something specific.
The numbers will always change. If I sit around worrying about the numbers all day, I will never have time to live my life.
---

For the time being, I'm only going to update on Mondays and Fridays! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment