Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Photo Time!

I have some pictures to share with you today!
Here's a picture of me a week or two after I got diagnosed:

I was gaining weight, but I was still really skinny.
Look at those legs!
You can't tell in this picture, but my arms are really skinny too. I had no muscle on them which made it almost impossible to open doors or lift a jug of milk.
I don't have my glasses on because my eyes were readjusting with the insulin and instead of being nearsighted, I was slowly getting far sighted. Of all the things that happened to me, that was definitely the weirdest!!









Here's a picture of me I took last semester:

You can really see the difference in my legs.
Look at those babies! They're like tree trunks!
I have glasses again because I'm nearsighted once more. Honestly, I missed my glasses. It felt weird to not wear them.














I still look over these pictures sometimes. I just can't believe it took me so long to notice what was happening to my body. The weight loss, the thirst, I just thought I was stressed out by school and that if I came home, I would be fine. It's still unbelievable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment