Monday, January 30, 2017

Brave-Pancreas

I had a glazed donut the other day.
It was the most amazing thing I had eaten in a long while.
I nearly cried it was so amazing.

I still get a lot of "you can't eat that" comments.
Once, my uncle just looked at me sadly when they made a dessert I really wanted.
I believed that I couldn't have the things I wanted because I wanted them.
I knew I was wrong, though.

Tonight, I had a creamsicle. It's this drink at my college. It's basically orange sherbert, vanilla ice cream, and milk. It is the most heavenly drink on the planet earth. I highly recommend it.
But bolusing for drinks, especially drinks that don't have openly posted carb counts, is difficult.
And because it's difficult and because it's a lot of sugar, I resigned to the idea that I would never be able to have another creamsicle again.
But tonight, January 29, 2017, I treated myself to a creamsicle.

This disease has been filled with sorrow and disappointment and fear of failure.
But I will not let it ruin my life and take the small joys away from me!
If I want a creamsicle, by golly I am having that creamsicle!! Because this is MY LIFE!
No stupid disease is taking away my joy. Sure my blood sugar is high now, but tomorrow I might have a low. Tomorrow my numbers will be different. Tomorrow, I can go back to eating salads and behaving myself and striving for good blood sugar.
But tonight...
TONIGHT WE LIVE!!!

(By the way, Brave-Pancreas is a reference to Braveheart. I know, my humor is incredible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment