Sunday, March 26, 2017

4th Sunday of Lent

Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born diabetic?
Neither he nor his parents sinned; it is so that the works of God may be made visible through him.

Of course, I am neither a man nor was I born diabetic, but you get the idea.
This was all I could think of at mass today. Why is there suffering in the world?
Innocent people are accused unjustly. Families struggle to make ends meet. Young people get an incurable disease.
I know of several adults who seem personally upset that I got diabetes.
So why did it happen? If no one wants this for me, why did I get diabetes?
Was it some wrong that I did?
Neither she nor her parents sinned; it is so that the works of God may be made visible through her.
That's all I hope to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment