Friday, June 30, 2017

Why I Love My OmniPod

I know this is going to sound like an ad, but I promise that OmniPod isn't paying me to say this.

I've noticed that I've started to affectionately rub the OmniPod and say things like "What a good OmniPod! You're so good! I love you so much!" 
There was only one thing that I was really worried about when it came to getting a pump; would it hurt? I have a Dexcom and there's always a 50/50 chance that it's gonna hurt. 
The OmniPod isn't like that at all!

I never have to see the needle. I don't have to physically put in a needle. Everything is automatic.
I tell the OmniPod "I'm ready for the needle". There are six soft clicks and one loud click (that startles me) and then it's done. It's sore for a little while, but the soreness fades. 

And a little soreness is nothing compared to what I had to deal with before. 
My pen shots tended to bruise but with only one "shot" every three days, my bruises have had time to heal. 
There's less work to be done before I eat a meal now. I'm looking forward to going back to college and actually eating a hot meal instead of a lukewarm one. 
Even though the OmniPod is visible, I feel like my diabetes isn't front and center anymore. I could go diabetic incognito for a while if I so chose. 

Of course, I'm still learning how to use this new gadget, but I'm already so emotionally attached to it. If I had to go back to pen shots tomorrow, I would be devastated. The OmniPod isn't invasive, it's virtually painless, and I've actually started to go back to doing the stuff I did before I got diagnosed. I've got several art projects in the works and I'm reading some books for fun. 

But I'm not being paid for this page-long OmniPod ad. I just really love my OmniPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment